Welcome
Welcome to puresteamrpg

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Pneumatic armor

Discuss the science of Pure Steam here; armatures, contraptions, schematics, vehicles, and technological devices.

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:57 pm

Pneumatic armor

Okay, so firstly Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly on my other two questions. You guys are awesome (and I'm going to try and cook something up for the Astral-frequency thing and post it in my last post when ever i'm done).

But I have another question, and this one's a dumb one. Okay, so basically a friend of mine and I have been having an argument about the Pneumatic Engineer's Pneumatic armor they get at level 3. He's saying that since all Gearheads have Power sources, ANY gearhead of any discipline should be able to receive the FULL benefits of using Pneumatic armor (as if they were a pneumatic engineer, with the stat boosts and all that). I say that this is not the case, and you would need the class feature to get the full benefit of the armor (though i can at least see any gearhead treating it as light armor). So I'd like it very much if you could weigh in on this, if for nothing more than my peace of mind.

Post Mon May 01, 2017 1:44 am

Re: Pneumatic armor

Hello Lordplum,

The design intent, and typical Pathfinder ruling, is that you need the class feature in order to gain the armor. Though, I'd allow anyone able to wear medium/heavy armor to also be able to wear the pneumatic armor as long as the gearhead consents and is present to perform routine maintenance on it.
Brennan Ashby
Pure Steam™ Lead Game Designer

Return to Science and Tech